Monday, May 27, 2013

DIY Ballard Designs Inspired Food Canister

I love the Ballard Designs pet food canisters below but I can't come to grips with spending that much for one. So, I found an old tin canister at an estate sale for about $8. I wish I took a before picture but I didn't. 
 A can of spray paint, some stencil, and a permanent black marker later...
I had my own DIY version of the Ballard Designs one. 


I originally was going to stencil on the letters with black paint but it kept smudging and I was losing patience. Using permanent marker was way easier and looked fine. 


I didn't have a stencil for the paw print on top so I just free-handed it.
Turned out okay, no? 

 


I found the scoop from Marshalls for only $5.99. Cheap!




Rosie approves :)


Happy Memorial Day!
- Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.