Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Easy DIY wedding day memento

You might remember these paper flags in a recent post that were used in all different parts of my brother's and best friend's wedding:


       

Well, on a recent trip to visit them, I helped put together this post-wedding memento:


It was easy to make.
First we trimmed down the flags so that they would fit the frame.


Next, using paint and a sponge brush, we stenciled their wedding date onto the flags.


Then, we spaced them out on some burlap...


...and added a thick rope to the top of the flags. 
Everything was glued down using a hot glue gun.


Lastly, I added their initials to the mat. 


I think it turned out great and it is a nice reminder of their wedding day.



And just in case my brother ever forgets their anniversary,
 all he has to do is look at this frame!

1 comment:

  1. Touche. Solid arguments. Keep up the great spirit.


    Review my web blog ... test

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.