Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The porch: feeling like fall

We squeezed in the last of summer this weekend in Montauk, NY for a cousin's wedding.
It was such an awesome wedding and weekend full of sun, surfing, reggae, family, fish tacos, 
and a few too many jalapeno margaritas.


When got home on Sunday (which was also the first official day of fall) I looked at our porch and decided it was time to put away the summer accessories and start decorating for fall.


Most of the accessories we already had with the exception of a few pumpkins and mums.


This copper pumpkin (which is actually the largest of three nesting ones) is a couple years old from Pottery Barn.


Also on the table is a striped runner, a white pumpkin, and some corn stalks in a bowl.




On each side of the table we have a set of white chairs (garage sale finds).


I bought the pillows last spring from Home Goods but recently saw this sale on One Kings Lane with similar prints and colors.


The knit throw on the other chair can be found here on sale from Target.


I think it adds a nice cozy feel to the porch and will come in handy during these chilly fall nights.



We had this bar cart (garage sale find) on the porch all summer.
I decided to keep it there but switched out some of the accessories to look more fall-like.





Here are some other fall touches I've added so far to the outside of the house:







I plan on doing some more fall decorating inside of the house this weekend.
But so far, I've put the smaller of the nesting pumpkins in the alcove behind our kitchen sink:




I'll share what else I do for fall around the house soon.
Happy Harvest!

- Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. Love all your decorations and it makes me want a porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it is fun to decorate and nice to not worry about everything getting wet in the rain!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.