Sunday, October 6, 2013

More for fall: don't eat the decorations!

On a recent trip to the grocery store, I unexpectedly found myself buying a lot of decorations for fall.
You might remember these acorn squash from the produce section (or at least that is what I think they are) that I decorated with on our mantel:



I really liked the way they added a fall feel in a subtle way so I went back to the grocery store and bought a bunch more and have used them in the dining room hutch...


...and in the kitchen built-ins.






I also swung by the candy aisle and bought a few bags on candy corn.
Luckily I don't like to eat them so it's not tempting having it out on the counter but I do like the way they look in this Crate & Barrel tilt bowl.




The grocery store also had potted kale and cabbage plants, which I used to fill this copper tin on our porch:




Oh, and if you saw my post about our fall porch décor, I made a change on the table.
I replaced the wooden bowl that was holding the corn with this woven basket that I picked up from a garage sale for a dollar.
A dollar!
I like the way it looks better.


Hope you had a great weekend :)
- Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.