Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Fashion Fix: going bananas for Banana

If you're new to The Picket Fence Projects, this blog is mostly dedicated to DIY projects and decorating our house. But when I come across a good find, whether it be for the home or your closet, I like to spread the wealth! So every other Friday I post about some kind of fashion steal or deal I've recently stumbled upon.

This week's find is this Banana Republic windowpane peplum top (found here) that I got on sale thanks to a Black Friday promotion..


My friend Catherine over at Chic Geek posted about the windowpane pattern a couple of months ago so when I saw this top, I scooped it up. Catherine's style is wayyy better than mine, so if she is digging it, I'm on board.

Here's what I might wear it with this winter:


I used to love Banana Republic but for some reason I haven't shopped there in the last few years. 
But after this recent visit, I think I need to start going again!

Here are some other pieces I'm loving from the store 
(just click on the item description to go directly to the site):

Floral Beaded Pullover

Printed Origami Blouse

Textured Geo-Front Pullover

Colorblock Hacking Jacket

Heritage Plaid Blazer


Piped Red Field Jacket

Cheetah-Sleeve Trench

Grey Faux-Fur Vest
Jules Faux-Fur Trim Scarf

Camel Zip Wallet

Cynthia Haircalf Tablet Clutch

Peacock Stud Earring

Status Headband

Most of the above aren't on sale (yet) but I always try to wait for a sale or some kind of promotion, and if I remember correctly, Banana Republic has good ones frequently.

Never pay full price! 
Happy shopping :)
- Caitlin

1 comment:

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.