Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Fashion Fix: a quest for a puffy vest

Let's play the blame game.
There are a few things that I have too much of and it's not my fault!

1. Throw pillows
I blame my mother. 
She passed her addiction onto me.

2. Necklaces
My mother blames her mother. 
My nana had jewelry to compliment every outfit (she once even painted a pair of earrings using red nail polish to match her outfit). Apparently I inherited this one.

3. Puffy vests
I blame the Northeast and these insanely cold temperatures we have been experiencing.

Okay, that's enough blaming.

I'm always freezing though, which is why I have a puffy vest in almost every color to match any outfit I am wearing. If it was acceptable to wear my winter coat inside all day long while at work, I would.
Summer, where are you?

The latest additions to my puffy vest collection is this quilted hunter green one from Old Navy.


It looks like it is only available here online in select colors and sizes, but hopefully there is still more of a selection in the store because when I went, they had navy, cream, black, and coral too.

Here it is in an outfit I'd wear:



How similar is it to this J.Crew vest (which is three times more expensive)?



A big thanks to Kirsten from 6th Street Design School for featuring The Picket Fence Projects today!
Have a great weekend!

- Caitlin

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had someone to blame for all my obsessions:). Love a beautiful pillow....and I have a puffy vest or 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way.....loved your home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vest and your taste! Have a great weekend wearing this vest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;) the old navy picture didn't do it justice so I added the picture of the outfit I put together today. Have a great weekend!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.