Saturday, March 15, 2014

Play with feng shui

When we set up our living room, I never really thought twice about where all the furniture should go because it seemed like the couch belonged facing the fireplace. Even though architecturally that is the focus of the room, let's be honest. Chris and I spend more time focusing on the TV than a fire. So this week we played a little musical chairs with our furniture and rearranged the living room.

Here's what we used to see (the back of the couch) upon entering the room:


And this is what we see now with the couch in a new spot:


I'm not sure if we are going to keep this arrangement (we'll give it a week or two and see how we feel) but I have to admit, the room feels bigger arranged this way.


And, it is more comfortable watching TV and not having to turn our necks.




By the way, I am super excited to share that I am officially a Style Me Pretty Living contributor!
Clearly, I still need to send in my headshot :)
If you haven't checked out the website (widely known for their wedding features), they now have lots of DIY ideas, home features, and interior design posts.
Definitely check it out!

Have a great weekend!
- Caitlin

5 comments:

  1. Love the new layout and congrats on "Style Me Pretty Living"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    Sarah

    www.sarahsdaybook.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Caitlin! "Style Me Pretty Living" is very fortunate to have you on board as a contributor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the new layout better! (jamie)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.