Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Living room: switch outs for summer

The summer season calls for some freshening up around our house and an easy way to do that is simply by switching out throw pillows on the couch for some new ones.
Recently I did just that in our living room.
 I was getting really tired of the same pillows that had been on our couch for last several months so I purchased these striped Pottery Barn ones (currently on sale plus free shipping), and added two coordinating throw pillows that I already had to the couch as well.



The new pillows are linen, which is perfect for summer.




The coral and blue pick up the colors in this painting we have hanging in the room.


Changing the pillows has sort of opened a can of worms. 
Now, I am onto looking for a new fabric to re-cover the large pillows on these rattan chairs.


Here are some fabrics I've been considering:

Serena & Lily

Serena & Lily

Serena & Lily

Ballard Designs

I've also been turning my attention to re-arranging and re-accessorizing our built-ins.
Here's a little peek at what I've been working on:


Styling these built-ins is definitely an ever-changing project that I'm never able to do in one sitting.
I usually do a little, walk away, look at it again, and move things around before it feels "right".


How do you like to make updates in your home for the change of seasons?
- Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. I always change the pillows on our couch. Our couch is white, so adding fun pillows for different seasons adds a lot to the room!


    Xo,L
    simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to switch out my art prints (in EasyGallery® frames) to freshen up the house a few times a year. One of these days, I'll get around to making (or, buying) some colorful pillow covers to pair them with.

    I've been drawn to anything made of linen since I can remember – but, I swear it gets 'rumpled' looking if I just look at it too long. I'm really loving those PB striped pillows, but I'm curious: Have you found that they look good with everyday use? Meaning, without a lot of plumping and fluffing... ?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.