Saturday, July 5, 2014

Curtain call

Usually when I think of window treatments, I think $$$. 
So for our master bedroom curtains, I decided to save ourselves a buck or two by making some out of a duvet cover that was no longer being used.


Thanks to a sewing lesson from my mom, she and I were able to whip these up in just one afternoon.



I also saved some money by using curtain rods we already had.



I didn't want the rod to span all of the windows so Chris shortened them using a hack saw.






Just a few more things to do in this room and it will be DONE!

To read about our window blinds as well other projects we have done so far in our master bedroom, you can go here, here, here, and here.

Have a great weekend!
- Caitlin

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It came out even better than I expected!

    Sarah

    www.sarahsdaybook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you show us how you made the header of your new curtains? They're very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So, we sewed tabs out of the leftover fabric from the duvet, which gives each panel the pleats. I've heard that they sell tape that you can attach to the back of curtains to get the pleated look too, which is probably a faster/easier way to do it.

      Delete
  3. I just love these window treatments! the bamboo shades are great too!

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.