Sunday, November 23, 2014

Seasonally simple

Even though it's not Thanksgiving yet, I'm guilty of jumping the gun and starting decorating for the holidays.

This year, Chris requested that it not look like "Christmas threw up" in the house (ha!) because last year we went a little overboard with the holiday decorating. So, I'm taking a more tamed approach and keeping it simple this season.

This past week, I started by adding some simple holiday greens in the dining room and kitchen.




I love poinsettias especially white ones (surprise surprise, right?) and have these ones in a metal garage sale find:


I also love boxwood and have put these mini wreaths (that I bought from this site that I've posted about before here) around some candle votive holders:



The boxwood wreaths came in a set of three and I've hung the largest one on a tray on our hutch:



The black and white herringbone ribbon came from this Etsy shop.



In the kitchen, I've kept the alcove behind the kitchen sink simple with two larger poinsettias in these wicker and glass hurricanes that were previously on our mantel.



Here's some more of the herringbone ribbon:






I'll share more of our holiday decorating soon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
- Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! This year I decided to add to my decor that was already there, instead of taking it down and making everything Christmas. It turned out a lot less stressful and a lot more cosy. Good luck with the rest of your decorating. :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't make it look like Christmas threw up.....ha ha ha!
    Love it all. So natural and pretty. I really can't wait to see more of your Christmas decorating, I love your style.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.