Thursday, January 29, 2015

White out

So I've been slow to blog lately because I've been eyeballs deep in white paint as our living room has been in desperate need of some freshening up.

Exhibit A of part of our built-ins with the shelves removed. 
Yikes:


Now, trying to paint with a baby is tricky. 
Thank goodness he's a good napper lately because that's really the only time I've been able to chip away at it.  I'm not going to lie. It's been pretty terrible (I hate painting) and I'm sure I've lost some brain cells from the fumes so please excuse any typos.

We still need to do the ceiling (and it's not your average ceiling so it will take twice as long) and the windows.
Why not hire someone to do it? 
Because I'm a DIYer (too cheap to pay up)!

So while painting the room, I've been turning my attention to our built-ins and scheming a little.
It's always bugged me having the TV exposed and seeing those ugly wires hanging down. So, Chris is building a pair of doors that mimic the smaller ones below the TV that will conceal the space. 
They are 95% done so as soon as we have them up, I'll share it with you.

Excuse the ugly photo below but this post isn't the pretty "after" picture quite yet:


I've also been toying with the idea of painting the backs of the built-ins a contrast color.
I've freshened them up with white for now because frankly I'm too tired to pick out a color and carefully paint in there. But if and when I do decide to go for it, I've found some inspiration on Pinterest.

I don't think I'll go as dark as the pictures shown below but it still gives me ideas as to what it might look like:

source

source

source


Have a great night!
- Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. I always get excited to paint and then I'm disappointed. It gets so tedious after a while. Looks good so far! I love that first inspiration picture.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that first picture is my favorite too!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.