Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Recent Picket Fence Projects purchases

Today I'm sharing a few things I've bought lately that you might enjoy:


Clockwise from top left:

1. I've heard about this book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up from a couple people now. 
I don't let my organizational freak show too much on this blog but if you know me then you know I love neatness and order (remember our pantry and my closet?)
And recently I've been making a huge effort to de-clutter and simplify so this book will be the perfect beach read for an upcoming vacation and I'm sure it will really fuel my OCD ways.


2. Our family room is taking me an eternity to get together! It's weird, I'm finding that some spaces practically decorate themselves (like Charlie's nursery) whereas others take forever. Anyway, I ordered this fabric to have throw pillows made for our window seat which I recently shared a glimpse of on Instagram. I think the pattern will coordinate well with the striped pillows.


3. I've recently shared my plans on making over our guest house here. I loved the nightstands that I included in my design from OKL but I'm trying to do this makeover on a budget. So my design shifted a little. After seeing the cool ways you can customize the Ikea Tarva dresser, I've decided to use two of them as nightstands. I spared myself the headache of assembly (those wordless directions are the worst!) and even saved us a few bucks by finding two already assembled in great condition on Craigslist. I'll need to cut the legs down so that they are at more of an appropriate height and of course I plan on doing some kind of paint/stain treatment as well as changing the hardware. This post has me inspired with lots of ideas!


4. With fall approaching and a toddler that's picked up walking, I've ordered these Toms for our Charlie bear. Cute and easy to put on!

Thanks for stopping by!
- Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.