Thursday, October 1, 2015

The "it's taking me forever" family room

Man oh man...I just can't seem to wrap up decorating this family room of ours and call it a day!
And I can't help but feel a sense of urgency before baby #2 arrives because I know once he's here, it'll probably never get finished.

Anyway, despite my decorating writer's block, I was able to recently work on the window seat area which conveniently has built-in storage for stashing some of Charlie's toys.

Here's what it is looking like: 


The previous owners of the house had this whole bench area lined with throw pillows and I really liked how inviting it looked. So, I decided to add some throw pillows too.


Obviously I have a blue and white thing going on. 
Can't help myself.


The solid jute trim pillows are from here and the striped pillows are from here (sold out in blue and white but available in gray and white).


I ordered this blue and white patterned fabric from here and my mom made two throw pillows out of a yard (the backing is just a plain canvas).


The blue and white diamond throw is from here (and is available in two other colors).







Fingers crossed I can finish this room in time!
- Caitlin

7 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love this SO much! Looks totally done to me, hehe. And congrats on the newest member of you family (to-be)!

    Hope you're doing well!

    xx
    Kelly | Kelly in the City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Seems like we have a similar theme going on in our homes (blue and white)! Thank you and congrats on your new home!

      Delete
  2. Caitlin love the windows and bench in that room! Looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, your room looks perfectly finished to me!! I just love your window seat. All your pillow choices are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But I'm not showing the un-finished parts! Getting there though...

      Delete
  4. Window seats are pretty much my favorite thing. Ever. And you're doing all this with a baby on the way?! Hero! Can't wait to see where it ends up, considering it is already looking so, so great!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.